Important Notice
Stage One Water Restriction

Frequently Asked Questions

Administration FAQ

Can I obtain copies of meeting minutes?

A: Meeting minutes can be found on our website, or by contacting the MD at 403-627-3130, or email How do I request something from Council?

A: If you wish to request something from Council, a letter outlining your request should be mailed to Council, MD of Pincher Creek, PO Box 279, ...

When are Council meetings held?

A: Regular Council meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month.  Historically, Council has not held Regular Council meetings o...

Why do I pay school taxes?

A:  The MD collects school taxes on behalf of the provincial government. All property owners are required to pay property taxes including t...

Agriculture Environmental Services FAQ

Can I get free shelterbelt trees through the MD of Pincher Creek?

A: Unfortunately, the Prairie Shelterbelt Program was discontinued by the Federal Government. There are still nurseries that provide shelterbelt...

How do I find information on grants and incentives offered to producers?

A: Contact us for information – we can even assist you with an application. Be sure to get your email on our list and stay up to date on o...

I found a plant that I am not able to identify. What can I do about it?

A: Contact Agricultural and Environmental Services for assistance. You can also pick up a Weed Identification Handbook from our office to help y...

I have a skunk problem! Who can I contact to help me?

A: We have skunk traps that can be provided to residents experiencing pest problems! Please contact us for what we have available.


Community Services FAQ

Climate Resiliency and Adaptation
Under Construction - check back soon!...

Disaster Services FAQ

Finance FAQ

General FAQ

Human Resources FAQ

When can I apply for a summer position?

Summer Student applications are accepted in January of each year.


When will I be contacted for an interview?

We appreciate and consider all applications, please note we only contact candidates who are selected for interviews.



Planning Development FAQ

Do I need a Building Permit?

A: In most new construction, a building permit is required. Please contact Superior Safety Codes Inc. at:

Superior Safety Codes Inc. ...

Do I need a Development Permit?

A:  A development permit is required for most new construction and major acts of renovation or structural changes to existing buildings. &n...

How do I apply for a Development Permit?

A: To apply for a development permit, submit the Development Permit Application Form. A processing fee must accompany the application form. Alon...

How do I subdivide my land?

A: Planning services are contracted with the Oldman River Regional Services Commission. Our Planning Advisor is familiar with the Subdivision Po...

What can I do on my land?

A:The permitted and discretionary uses for each land district are listed within the Land Use Bylaw. You can download this bylaw What is the cost of a Development Permit Application?

A:Whether the development is a permitted use or discretionary use will determine the processing fee.


Public Works FAQ

Municipal District of Pincher Creek No. 9
Box 279
1037 Herron Avenue, Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0
Phone: 403-627-3130       Fax: 403-627-5070
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm M-F

Municipal District of Pincher Creek No. 9
Box 279
1037 Herron Avenue
Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0
Phone: 403-627-3130
Fax: 403-627-5070
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm M-F
Copyright © 2024 MD of Pincher Creek No. 9       Disclaimer