Public Hearing Notice - Land Use Bylaw No. 1289-18
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PROPOSED BYLAW NO. 1289-18
To be held at 6:00 p.m., Thursday, October 11, 2018
MD of Pincher Creek Municipal Administration Office
1037 Herron Avenue, Pincher Creek, AB
TAKE NOTICE THAT a public hearing to consider the proposed Bylaw No. 1289‑18 will be held in the Council Chambers of the Administration Building of the MD of Pincher Creek No. 9, located at 1037 Herron Avenue, Pincher Creek, AB at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 11, 2018.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE THAT anyone wishing to make a presentation regarding the proposed bylaw should, in writing, notify the Chief Administrative Officer of their intention prior to 4:00 p.m., on Friday, October 5, 2018.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE THAT both written and verbal presentations may be made to Council at the public hearing.
BYLAW NO. 1289-18
Proposed Bylaw No. 1289-18 is a complete overhaul of Land Use Bylaw No. 1140-08.
This change was necessary with the changes to the Municipal Government Act, the South Saskatchewan Region Plan and federal rules governing Telecommunication Towers.
The marked up version of Bylaw No. 1289-18 is available here. The changes are indicated throughout the document.
Some note of importance include:
- Setbacks from all MD Roads (developed or undeveloped) has been reduced from 50 m to 30 m.
- The definition of Hardship has been added.
- The definition of Mass Wasting has been added.
- The introduction of Cannabis into the Land Use Bylaw.
- The determination of a complete develop permit and subdivision application is explained further.
- Telecommunication Siting Protocol is explained further within Section 60.
- There were no zoning changes.
- The maps were reformatted for easier reading.
- The application forms have been removed from the bylaw.
The Public Hearing Notice, in full, can be found here.