Road Maintenance Policy
The MD has adopted two road maintenance policies, summer and winter;
- The road maintenance policy identifies road classifications, levels of maintenance and service frequencies for various road components.
- The winter maintenance of municipally directed, controlled and managed roads and airport surfaces is reviewed annually by Council to confirm the priorities during daily operations and during storms.
Winter Priorities are:
- School bus routes;
- Other oiled and gravel roads;
- Resident’s driveways who have an approved application;
- The Pincher Creek Airport;
- Other driveways and leased areas;
- Roads within forestry;
- Undeveloped or low traffic roads.